Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving in Heaven....thoughts from Dylan's mom





HAPPY THANKSGIVING IN HEAVEN DYL---I hope your Mimi and Meme make you your chicken nuggets, meat stuffing, and frosty squares you loved so much.  Love you and miss you always.

Thanksgiving...  Things to be thankful for:  my parents and grandparents--who taught me just about everything I know, my husband who in my opinion is one of the greatest men alive, my boys-YES ALL 4 of them for teaching me everyday how to be a better mother (Dylan- teaches me courage, Jacob- teaches me how to enjoy life and be silly, Justin- teaches me how to be creative, Devin- teaches me to be laid back and that there is always a different perspective to see things) , for our families who just love us for who we are, and my friends who pick me up--set me back on my feet in the right direction everytime I fall. 
  In an odd way, I am thankful for leukemia.  Not the part where it took away my son, but the part of it  where it showed me how a community can come together to support those who need it.  It introduced me to a whole bunch of families who-just like us are fighting- or have fought the same battle.  Many of these people have become close friends because they have an understanding that few people have (or should ever have).  Leukemia has taught me to fight and pray for what I believe in.  Even when the numbers were against us-it taught me hope.  Even after the worst--it taught me strength, the ablity to cope and move forward--all the while--never forgetting.  Even though time was short- it taught me that one eight yr old little boy, who went through HELL- can make positive changes in the world-many I still see and hear about today (which I love).   Leukemia taught me- life can be short- Family time and memories are important.  I learned that people that you love don't have to be with you physically because they are embedded in your heart. 

So as you pass the turkey this Thanksgiving, look closely at each person and think about what they have taught you.  Think about those in heaven- and be THANKFUL you had whatever time you did with them.  Each person who comes into your life has a purpose- whether you know it or not-and effects/changes your life.  If I can think of reasons to be positive about leukemia- I am sure you can all find reasons to give THANKS.  Remember to make and store those important memories---and always, always hug your children and tell them you love them.  Then, as always, do it one more time for all of us who can't and send them heavenly....

THOUGHT of the WEEK: Every time we remember to say "THANK YOU", we experience nothing less than heaven on earth.    Sarah Ban Breathnach

1 comment: