Sunday, January 30, 2011

Well, can you??

If you haven't read my last blog, I suggest you go there before you come here. I had every intention of taking today's blog in a different direction, and perhaps I will veer that way after I am done sharing my current thoughts.

"Well, can you?" is a very serious question as I just went to a CB friend's site and read the following....

Ann is making her way...just not here with us much longer. The infection that is in her blood is now spreading thru her body faster than antibiotics can fight it.

Yes, this means what you are thinking and what I am almost unable to type- our girl is preparing for heaven. She is most comfortable right now and in and out of chatting. The stories she shares are of her memories and they are happy ones. These ease our pain and sadness for only short moments, but we feel it is once again Ann's way of making us feel better.

We have had to tell our children their oldest sister and fearless leader is not coming home. As I sat in her room last night I felt so helpless.

We are broken..

So I ask you this, "can you imagine" and "can you see the beauty in death"? Both questions that I hope you never have to live. Of course I knew it was time for me to write following post to my CB friend....

As a family that has been there, I share these thoughts with you....
I hope they have brought in another bed to put next to Ann's so you can all get in bed together. I hope that child life has brought in hand molds so you can get your sweet girls hand's cast and that each of you have one. I hope you will ask for an ink pad so you can get your girl's hand and foot prints, and a very clear finger print, as I have a friend that makes beautiful jewelry to keep on your body forever. I hope you will take her tshirt and place in a zip lock and do this for as many days as possible so each of you have one in your possession. I hope you will take a lock of your perfect girl's hair again for each of you to have. And I hope you have time to consider getting in a professional photographer or special friend to take some final family pictures of all of you. We didn't know it was Evan's last day but we have pics of each of us with him, our family, our hand's stacked like in a cheer with Evan's on top holding Alaina's and the one that sits over my bed, taken with us all at the U in Evan's bed, of our feet only. A black or white cloth to cover your bodies. I HATE that I have to share these thoughts with you, but I am forever grateful to have these things now that Evan is in heaven. After your girl makes her transition, be sure to take all the time you need as a family, and that you have the opportunity to give your girl a long, slow bath with warm blankets and place her favorite clothes on her, and that all of you are able to hold her until you are ready for the worst part of the day, and that is leaving your sweet girl in that hospital room. I am so sorry Jane. I know that you can't imagine, but you will tolerate this new life. And people like me will be there to support you each and every day. Do what feels right to you, Ann will make the transition only when you are all ready to allow her to. I love you my friend, g

I have nothing else to say now that I have this out of me. See the beauty in your day. While we are all human and will continue to make mistakes, continue to try to be Christ-like each and every day. Evan and God has given me this huge task, and it took me more than three years to embrace it. Perspective....g

If you want to see Ann's perfect face, visit her CB Site

No comments:

Post a Comment